The following include a range of materials related to the Sex & Ethics Research and Education Program. There are links to the publisher which will allow you to order and purchase the books on line; free copies of research reports for specific projects and refereed publications which discuss either theoretical ideas or findings of evaluations of Sex & Ethics groups.
All are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them – download a copy here.
- Carmody, M (2009a). Sex & Ethics: young people and ethical sex, Melbourne, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Carmody, M (2009b). Sex & Ethics: the sexual ethics education program for young people, Melbourne, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Carmody, Moira (2013). Young men, sexual ethics and sexual negotiation: Sociological Research Online (PDF 971kb)
- Carmody, Moira; Ovenden, Georgia (2013). Putting ethical sex into practice: sexual negotiation, gender and citizenship in the lives of young women and men; Journal of Youth Studies, UK (PDF 152kb)
- Carmody, Moira; Albury, Kath; Evers, Clifton & Lumby, Catharine (2011). Playing by the rules: researching, teaching and learning sexual ethics with young men in the Australian National Rugby League, August (PDF 160kb)
- Carmody, Moira (2006). Preventing adult sexual violence through education? Current Issues in Criminal Justice (PDF 548kb)
- Carmody, Moira (2005). Ethical Erotics: Reconceptualizing Anti-Rape Education. Sexualities 8(4): 465-480. (PDF 95kb)
- Carmody, Moira (2003). Sexual Ethics and the Erotics of Consent. Making Sense of Sexual Consent. P. Reynolds and P. Cowling. Aldershot, UK, Ashgate: 45-56. (PDF 520kb)
- Carmody, Moira (2003). Sexual ethics and violence prevention. Social and Legal Studies: An International Journal 12(2): 199-216. (PDF 98kb)
- Carmody, Moira and Carrington, K (2000). Preventing Sexual Violence? Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology 33(3): 341-361. (PDF 108kb)
Research reports or Issues papers on related areas of violence prevention education
- Wright, Lesley & Carmody, Moira (2012) Guidelines for the delivery of the Sex + Ethics Respectful Relationships Program with Indigenous young people. University of Western Sydney, Australia (PDF 1.6mb)
- Carmody, Moira; Ovenden, Georgia; Hoffmann, Amy “The program really gives you skills for dealing with real life situations”: Results from the evaluation of the Sex + Ethics Program with young people from Wellington, New Zealand, Diversities, Ethics and Education Research Group Centre for Educational Research University of Western Sydney June 2011 (PDF 512kb)
- Carmody, Moira (2009c.) Conceptualising the prevention of sexual assault and the role of education, ACSSA Issues, 10 November (PDF 220kb)
- Evans, Susan; Krogh, Chris; Carmody, Moira (2009d). Time to get cracking: the challenge of developing best practice in Australian sexual assault prevention education Australian Centre for Study of Sexual Assault Issues Paper 11, December (PDF 806kb)
- Respectful Relationships Education Violence prevention and respectful relationships education in Victorian Secondary Schools, (November 2009). (PDF 1.3mb)
- Carmody, Moira (2009d). National Sexual Assault Prevention Education Project (SAPE) Framing Best Practice: National Standards for the Primary Prevention of Sexual Assault through Education (PDF 625kb)
- National Sexual Assault Prevention Education Project – Summary from Research Report (PDF 630kb)